Monday, May 25, 2015

WK 7


Week 7 EOC- Final Project Pitch

I have 3 stores that I am working on to see if they would let me survey to help promote their products that aren’t selling too well in their store or to solve problems they may have. I would like to help solve a merchandise problem for a store that would appreciate my help to increase sales but I am waiting for approval for a store that I used to work for and I think would benefit from my surveys. I need approval from the Manager that has been on vacation and hope to find out this week.

This is a store that shares home goods and fashion merchandise under the same roof so I could help them by finding out what products have been more difficult to sell recently. I helped build the schematics for this store and built the displays for the small and big ticket items. I understand their mark down system and how quickly they can turn merchandise since they are an off price department store chain.  So they may not need help with their displays promoting sales too much.

So what I do think I might be able to help them with is the shrinkage problems from damaged merchandise and ticketing price modifications.  Maybe some kind of modification and restructuring for the Return Policies for merchandise could be re-evaluated. I would like to find some kind of reward system that can be offered to customers that haven’t made returns for a given amount of time.

In the surveys I would like to find out why people return merchandise most often and under what circumstances they would be less apt to make a return. Maybe a store floor monitor could be available at various times to circulate around the different departments to prevent damages and ticket pricing problems.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment